Landslide: Clean sweep for Shropshire Tories as they score increased majority in every seat
RESULTS The Conservatives have retained all five of their seats in Shropshire as well as Montgomeryshire.
- Clean sweep in Shropshire and Mid Wales as Conservatives hold Telford, Wrekin, Shrewsbury, North Shropshire, Ludlow and Montgomeryshire.
- Conservatives win overall majority in the Commons, with the Tories predicted to win an absolute majority of 78
- Labour is heading towards its worst election result since 1935
- Jeremy Corbyn has confirmed he will not lead Labour in another election and Jo Swinson has stood down as Lib Dem leader after losing her seat
- The president of the European Council has said he expects a vote on the UK’s Brexit agreement “as soon as possible