The body of Michael John Franklin Wise Howorth, was discovered at his home in Corvedale Road, Craven Arms, on October 12, 2021, after a friend raised the alarm and called the police.
London-born Mr Howorth had been found on the floor of a first-floor room with bottles of morphine and codeine. Detectives concluded that his death had not been suspicious.
A post mortem discovered that Mr Howorth had heart disease, and a toxicity study found morphine but not codeine in his system.
Sitting at Shirehall, in Shrewsbury, senior Shropshire and Telford coroner John Ellery recorded that Mr Howorth’s death had been drug-related.