Elderly pair checked for smoke inhalation after Telford fire

Two elderly people were checked over for possible smoke inhalation after kitchen fire at their home in Telford.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue service send three crews from Telford and Wellington to the house in Church Street, St Georges just after 8pm on Sunday.

The two elderly occupants were assessed to ensure that they had not suffered from the effects of the smoke in the property.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire on the hob in the kitchen and the incident was under control in 20 minutes.

A crew from Telford later deal with a fire in a back garden in Stebbings, Sutton Hill.

The service was alerted at 9.45pm and was able to put out the fire, involving domestic waste, using a bucket of water. It was under control by 10pm.

Most Read

Most Read

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News