'Stand by your pan' call after kitchen fire at Telford house

'Stand by you pan' is the message from the fire service after a fire at a house in Telford.

The occupants of the house in Wendover mews, Madley, rang 999 when food on the hob in the kitchen went up in flames just before 3.15pm on Thursday.

Firefighters from Telford Central said the fire was out when they arrived and they ventilated the smoke filled kitchen, with the incident under control in less than 20 minutes.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service tweeted a warning not to leave cooking unattended in the kitchen with the hashtag, #standbyyourpan.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News