Nobody was injured in the blaze which involved one semi detached bungalow, a leydandi tree, a garden shed and timber fence panels.
A neighbour described hearing "an explosion". "It was scary," she said, "but the fire service did a brilliant job."
Charred debris was scattered outside the bungalow, including the front of what looked like a tumble dryer. A strong smell of smoke remained on Saturday morning, and there was a large piece of fabric covering the roof to try and keep the rain out as much as possible. Barriers were also in place.
A cause has not yet been confirmed by the fire service.
Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Baschurch, Ellesmere and Oswestry were sent to Shelf Bank Close at 12.09pm, with an operations officer also in attendance.
Fire crews used six sets of breathing apparatus, three hose reel jets, three thermal image cameras, two covering jets and one main jet, working at height gear including roof ladders, harness and small tools.
The fire service's stop message was sent at 1.46pm.