Shropshire Star

Gas explosion avoided in industrial estate following leaking propane cannisters

Leaking propane cannisters led to the fire service having to be called to a Shropshire industrial estate on Thursday morning.

Last updated

The incident in the trading estate in Beveley Road, Oakengates occurred just before 10am.

A spokesperson from Shropshire Fire and Rescue said: ""At 09:58 on Thursday, 30 March, 2023, SFRS Fire Control received a call reporting an incident classified as Gas Leak in Telford .

"One fire appliance was mobilised from Wellington. The incident involved two 57kg propane cylinders with a small gas leak. Crews isolated cylinders."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.