Wiring causes car fire near Newport

Electric wiring caused a car blaze near Newport.

SOUTH WITH WORDS TOM Corfton Farm, Corfton, was used by Shropshire Fire and Rescue was used for a training exercise to recreate a home situation.  17.06.15 PIC BY LAURA DUTFIELD COPYRIGHT OF SHROPSHIRE NEWSPAPERS.
SOUTH WITH WORDS TOM Corfton Farm, Corfton, was used by Shropshire Fire and Rescue was used for a training exercise to recreate a home situation. 17.06.15 PIC BY LAURA DUTFIELD COPYRIGHT OF SHROPSHIRE NEWSPAPERS.

The alarm was raised at 3.40pm on Tuesday, at Stockton.

A fire crew from Telford Central went to the scene as was able to put the blaze out within half an hour.

A spokesperson for Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "This incident involved electrical wiring in boot of [the] car, starting a fire within the vehicle.

"The car was made safe by crews and handed back to occupier."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News