Chimney pot fire sparks emergency call to fire service
A fire crew spent nearly three hours dealing with a chimney fire near Whitchurch.
One fire engine was sent from the town's station to a property at Lower Heath, in Prees, at 1.59pm on Wednesday to a report of a chimney pot on fire.
Crews used a nine metre ladder, chimney rods, a water bearing knapsack and a thermal camera to make sure it was all out.
A spokesperson for Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service said: "Reports of a chimney pot on fire, crews extinguished using chimney rods, nine metre ladder, a thermal imaging camera, and one knapsack."
The stop message was received 4:55pm.