The Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service was called at about 8pm on Wednesday to a fire in a garden off Shrewsbury Road.
Firefighters said the fire was caused by "careless use of fireworks from an adjoining property".
A statement from the Market Drayton Fire station said: "On arrival at the scene the incident commander was informed by the occupants that fireworks had been set off from an adjoining property, which had hit a house and come down in the garden and set fire to a quantity of wood and outdoors children’s toys.
"The occupants had used a garden hose to extinguish most of the fire before the crew's arrival, however a high pressure hose reel and thermal imaging camera were used to damp down and check for any hot spots or fire spread.
"We would like to request that members of the public do not attempt to let off any form of fireworks in small enclosed gardens or courtyards. This incident could have easily resulted in the fire spreading rapidly to the house, in which there was a family with young children.
"Officers from West Mercia Police also attended the scene to support the crew."
Police also attended.
INCIDENT 📟 Mobilised at 20:02 to fire at domestic property in #MarketDrayton 🚒 On arrival fire in garden found to of been caused by careless use of #fireworks from adjoining property 🔥 💥 1 x HRJ used by crew 👨🏻🚒👩🏻🚒💦 Officers from @MDraytonCops attended also 🚓 pic.twitter.com/AQbenntZ0P— Market Drayton (@SFRS_MDrayton) November 4, 2020
Firework displays have been a common sight above Shropshire tonight and over the last week, ahead of a national lockdown starting today, Guy Fawkes Night.
The fire service has also been called out to several bonfires and controlled burnings on Wednesday night.
At about 6pm, a large fire involving pallets was reported at Bayston Hill, near Shrewsbury.
Firefighters attended and gave advice to the person monitoring the fire.
Then at about 6.30pm, firefighters were sent to a small controlled burn at Hill Crescent in Shrewsbury. Again, advice was given.
After that, at about 6.45pm, fire crews from south Shropshire as well as the Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service were sent to reports of a fire in the open at Burford, near Tenbury Wells.
This was also found to be a controlled burn and advice was given.