Shropshire Star

Roof fire breaks out at Shropshire caravan park

The roof of a toilet block caught fire at a Shropshire caravan park on Saturday morning. (25)

Last updated

A customer at the Lower Lacon Caravan Park in Wem raised the alarm at about 9.15am.

Two fire crews from Wem and Prees went to the scene and used a ladder and electric cutters to deal with the incident, which was under control by 9.50am.

A spokesperson for the popular caravan park said it was a small fire at the toilet block.

"We must thank our local firefighters who do such a good job in the local community," she said.