Fire crews called to house fire involving tumble dryer

A tumble dryer caught fire in a house in Market Drayton this afternoon.

Firefighters were called to Bevan Way, where the appliance had ignited.

A Shropshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "At 3.41pm on Wednesday, November 9, SFRS Fire Control received a call reporting a kitchen fire in Market Drayton.

"This incident involved an electrical tumble dryer. The fire was out on arrival. Crews assisted with ventilating the property.

"Two fire appliances were mobilised from Hodnet and Market Drayton. An operations officer was in attendance."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News