Shropshire Star

Firefighters work for two hours to tackle chimney fire sparked by bird's nest

A bird's nest sparked a large chimney fire near Clun on Wednesday evening.


Watch more of our videos on Shots!
and live on Freeview channel 276

Firefighters from Bishops Castle and Clun rushed to a report of a house fire in Whitcott Keysett at around 7.40pm.

Upon arrival, the crews found a chimney fire in progress and worked for around two hours to tackle the blaze.

The team donned breathing apparatus and used a hosereel jet to fight the fire, and a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.

A spokesperson for the Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said the incident "was found to be a large chimney fire caused by a birds nest".

The stop message, which indicates the fire was under control, was received at 9.46pm.