Fire at village chip shop leaves one person needing treatment by medics

Ambulance crews had to treat a patient after a fire in an extraction unit at chip shop on Friday morning.

Fire crews were called to The Village Fish Bar in Pontesbury
Fire crews were called to The Village Fish Bar in Pontesbury

Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service control received a call reporting a property at Village Fish Bar, in School Street, Pontesbury, at 11.34am.

Four fire appliances including the aerial ladder platform were scrambled from Minsterley and Shrewsbury. An operations officer was in attendance, as was an ambulance.

Crews used breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera and a hosereel jet to deal with the fire

The fire service stop message was received by control at 12.53pm.

There are no more details about the person who was handed to the ambulance service.

West Midlands Ambulance Service has been approached for comment.

Most Read

Most Read

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News