Shropshire Star

Household evacuates after grill pan catches fire at Shrewsbury home

A household evacuated when a grill pan caught fire.

Last updated

Firefighters were sent to Whitchurch Road in Shrewsbury yesterday afternoon.

The fire was out by the time crews attended and all the people inside were out safely.

A Shropshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "At 4.52pm on Tuesday, March 28, SFRS Fire Control received a call reporting a house fire in Shrewsbury. Fire involving grill pan handle. Out on arrival. All persons out of property on arrival of fire service personnel."

Two fire engines were sent to the scene from Shrewsbury fire station.