Shropshire Star

Firefighters save two dogs from house fire in Shrewsbury

Two dogs were rescued from a house fire in Shrewsbury this weekend.

Last updated
Fire crews at the scene. Photo: Craig Jackson

The fire broke out at a home in Morville Road, Harlescott shortly after 4pm on Saturday. No people were hurt in the incident.

A Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "At 4.17pm on Saturday, January 7, SFRS Fire Control received a call reporting a house fire in Shrewsbury.

"Fire on ground floor of domestic property. No persons were trapped, however one dog was rescued by fire service personnel."

A later update said two dogs had in fact been rescued.

"Two dogs were rescued by fire service personnel and given oxygen therapy, both dogs appear to be fine," said the fire service.

Station manager Craig Jackson said: "We have just returned from a property fire (persons reported) Shrewsbury. Thankfully no persons were inside, however crews have rescued two dogs and extinguished a fire within the premises."

Crews used a hose reel jet and small gear to deal with the incident.