Shropshire Star

Smoky fridge causes fire alert in Shrewsbury

A faulty fridge which filled a property with smoke was blamed for a fire alert in Shrewsbury on Wednesday evening.


Watch more of our videos on Shots!
and live on Freeview channel 276

Two fire engines were scrambled from Shrewsbury with an operations officer to a report of a property fire in New Park Street at 4.21pm.

When the crews arrived on the scene they found a faulty refrigerator had caused smoke logging.

They used small gear and a thermal camera to tackle the incident before sending their incident stop message about half an hour later at 5.03pm.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.