Shropshire Star

Firefighters offer advice after resident leaves hob on

Firefighters have asked a Shawbury resident to be more careful after they were called out by an alarm system because the hob was left on.

Last updated
Firefighters were called out to a false alarm due to a ring being left on a hob

They were called out to Princess Court, in Carradine Close, at around 8.30am on Friday following the activation of an automatic fire alarm.

The alarm in the living room of the property was triggered after the householder left one of the hob's rings on.

A spokesperson for Shropshire Fire and Rescue said: "The automatic fire alarm activation in lounge of the property was caused by electric ring on hob being left on. Fire crews gave advice to occupier."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.