Shropshire Star

Casualty treated for burns after Bridgnorth fire caused by discarded smoking materials

A casualty was treated for burns and shock after a fire at a Bridgnorth house caused by discarded smoking materials.

Last updated
Photo: Bridgnorth Fire Station

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service sent crews from Bridgnorth, Telford and Tweedale to the scene on Friday.

On arrival crews found that the fire was already out, but the occupant of the house was treated by the crews for burns and shock, while they waited for the ambulance service to arrive.

Crews ensured the fire was fully extinguished, established the cause of the fire and removed the burnt debris from the property.

The cause was confirmed as accidental, from discarded smoking materials.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.