Telford broadband cabinet fire caused by . . . snails

An infestation of snails caused a fire in a Virgin Media broadband cabinet in Telford.

Telford broadband cabinet fire caused by . . . snails

Passers-by called the fire service when the snails found their way onto the cabinet's battery in Baldwin Webb Avenue, Donnington.

The gastropods were electrocuted and it caused a small amount of smoke.

One crew from Wellington Fire Station was called to the scene at 12.33pm yesterday.

They came away from the area about 30 minutes later.

There were a number of homes which were affected by issues related to internet and TV services in the area on Wednesday afternoon.

It is uncertain if these problems were related , although these may not have been related to the infestation.

All of the internet and TV issues were expected to be fixed by this afternoon.

Nobody at Virgin Media was available to comment on the snail's infestation and the damage caused.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News