Shropshire Star

Lawnmower catches alight

The fire service had to be called to a Shrewsbury residential street on Wednesday, when a lawnmower caught fire.

The lawnmower caught fire on Wednesday

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) said they were called to Poynton Road in Shrewsbury at around 1.50pm on Wednesday following reports of an outdoor fire.

A fire crew from Hodnet attended the scene, and used buckets of water and a knapsack (body-worn extinguisher) to put out the blaze.

A spokesperson for SFRS said the lawnmower was "fully involved in fire" when crews got there, but the blaze was out by 2.10pm.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.