Shropshire Star

Telford firefighters called out after burnt food in microwave sparks fire alarm

Firefighters were called to a fire after food was burnt in a microwave oven in the early hours of today.

Last updated
Priorslee Village in Telford. Photo: Google

The incident happened at Priorslee Village in Telford. The tenant was unhurt and did not need to be rescued by emergency crews.

A Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "At 4.14am on Wednesday, May 29, SFRS Fire Control received a call reporting a fire classified as AFA in Telford.

"Incident involving small fire in microwave oven involving burnt food. Fire out on arrival of crews, which used a positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate building."

Two fire engines were sent to the scene from Telford Central station.