Shropshire Star

Firefighters scrambled to house blaze in Telford involving fire in laundry basket

A blaze in a laundry basket caused a fire alert at a house in Telford.

Last updated
Picture: Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service

Two crews rushed from the station at Telford Central to Wellsfield in the Woodside/Madeley area at 9.33am on Thursday with an operations officer.

When they arrived on the scene they found a fire in a kitchen involving a laundry basket.

Two firefighters wore breathing apparatus and extinguished the blaze with a hosereel jet before the declared that the fire was out at 10.07am.