Shropshire Star

Log burner thought to be cause of roof fire in South Shropshire

A fire in a log burner spread to the roof of a house in South Shropshire.

Last updated
Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Firefighters from Craven Arms responded to 999 calls about the fire in a single storey home in Woofferton at 3.45pm.

Three crews went to the property along with an operations officer and brought the fire under control.

A spokesperson for Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire involved the roof of single storey domestic property due to fire in the flue of a log burner.

A thermal imaging camera was used to ensure that there were no hot spots that could re-ignite.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.