Shropshire Star

Firefighters called after tea towel catches fire at old folks' complex

Firefighters were called after retirement complex after a tea towel was set alight by a cooker hob.

Last updated
Millmead sheltered housing in Craven Arms. Picture: Google

Crews were called to Millmead sheltered housing in Craven Arms this afternoon, but the fire was out by the time they arrived. No-one was hurt.

A Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "At 2.46pm on Thursday, August 31, SFRS Fire Control received a call reporting a house fire in Craven Arms.

"Incident involved one tea towel left on hob which was out on arrival of crews."

Two fire engines were sent to the scene from Church Stretton and Craven Arms.