Advertising

An update for historic almshouses

By Mark Andrews | Nostalgia | Published:

The almshouses in St Martins, near Oswestry were being modernised when this picture was taken in December, 1964. The almshouses were founded in 1698 by Sir John Trevor, of Brynkinalt, who was Speaker of the House of Commons and Master of the Rolls during the reigns of King William III and Queen Anne.

The almshouses in St Martins, near Oswestry were being modernised when this picture was taken in December, 1964. The almshouses were founded in 1698 by Sir John Trevor, of Brynkinalt, who was Speaker of the House of Commons and Master of the Rolls during the reigns of King William III and Queen Anne.
Mark Andrews

By Mark Andrews
@MAndrews_Star

Senior news writer for the Shropshire Star specialising in in-depth features and commentary, investigative reporting and political matters.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News