Shropshire Star

Firefighters scrambled to report of a fire at a house in Telford

A domestic electrical unit caught fire at a house in Telford causing an alert for the emergency services.

Last updated

But when two fire appliances from Telford Central and Wellington got to the scene in Candlin Way, Lawley, at 7.53am on Thursday they found it was out on arrival.

A fire service operations officer was also sent to the scene.

A spokesperson for Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service said it was a fire "involving domestic electrical consumer unit that was out on arrival."

They carried out a full inspection using a thermal camera.

The incident was declared over at 8:14am.