Coronavirus updates: Latest as PM orders hospitality shutdown
See the latest coronavirus updates from across Shropshire, Mid Wales and the UK.
Boris Johnson has ordered all pubs, cafes, restaurants and gyms must close from Friday.
The announcement came as the Government announced unprecedented measures to cover the wages of workers who would otherwise lose their jobs due to the coronavirus outbreak.
It means the children of those workers and vulnerable pupils will continue to be cared for at school during the coronavirus pandemic.
The death toll in England today rose to 167 with a further 39 Covid-19 patients confirmed to have died but none of these were in Shropshire or the West Midlands.
Meanwhile, many schools in Shropshire were already closed or partially closed today, including the Corbet, near Shrewsbury, where a pupil has been confirmed as having coronavirus.
Headteacher Dr Jane Tinker said the pupil hadn't attended the school since last Friday and the case was confirmed this Wednesday.
And scientists advising the Government have said that social distancing measures will need to be in place for most of a year in order to control the spread of Covid-19.
- Key worker list includes healthcare workers, teachers, supermarket staff, utility workers and police.
- A further 39 deaths confirmed in England but none of these are in Shropshire or West Midlands.
- A third coronavirus patient has died in Wales. The 71-year-old had underlying health conditions and passed away in Bridgend.
- The death toll in Italy has risen to 3,405, overtaking the total number of deaths so far registered in China.
- Global coronavirus deaths have passed 10,000.
- Retired medics are being asked to return to help fight the virus.
This stream is no longer being added to
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.