Cleobury Mortimer hotel evacuated after glass washer catches fire

A hotel in Cleobury Mortimer was evacuated after a fire involving a glass-washing machine broke out today.

The Talbot Hotel, Cleobury Mortimer
The Talbot Hotel, Cleobury Mortimer

Two fire crews were called to The Talbot Hotel in High Street, just before 12.50am.

Up to 10 guests at the hotel were evacuated.

Staff at the hotel said the blaze, which was caused by a glass washer overheating, had been extinguished before crews arrived.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said part of the property was heavily smoke-logged.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News