Shropshire Star

Emergency crews called to electric fire in cavity at Shrewsbury town centre shop

Firefighters rushed to a reports of a fire at a shop in Shrewsbury town centre today.

Last updated
Picture: Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service

Two fire engines rushed to Jones Bootmaker, in High Street, at 12.44pm on Monday.

When they and an operations officer arrived they found an electric fire in a wall cavity. The company called the fire service as a precaution.

They used a thermal imaging camera and small gear to deal with the incident and sent their 'stop message' at 1.10pm.

The shop had no electricity as a result of the incident and trading was 'paused' as a result but this was expected to be rectified on Monday.