10 of the most memorable moments of the royal wedding
From the strange to the delightful, the day was full of amazing moments to remember.
The new Duke and Duchess of Sussex are officially married after a gorgeous wedding ceremony at St George’s Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
Harry and Meghan said their vows in front of 600 guests, including celebrities and the royal family, before emerging to kiss in front of a crowd of well-wishers.
An estimated 100,000 people turned out to see the couple as they sat in an open-top Ascot Landau for a carriage procession through Windsor.
The wedding went off without a hitch, but it just wouldn’t be real life without some odd, funny and delightfully weird moments to remember.
Here are the top 10 stand-out moments of the royal wedding, from the weird to the wonderful.
1. Princess Charlotte stuck out her tongue to onlookers.
2. People thought Prince William’s outfit was a little… extra.
Viewers of the wedding observed that his outfit was just that little bit fancier than the groom’s.
3. The struggle was real with Meghan’s long train.
Meghan’s five-metre train was absolutely stunning but there seemed to be a moment where it was a little inconvenient.
Luckily, it looked straight and beautiful for the ceremony.
4. A little strand of hair from Meghan’s bun got on people’s nerves.
Some people noticed that her hair, styled in a loose bun, meant that little wisps were framing her face.
5. A smiling pageboy captured everybody’s hearts.
Meghan’s pageboy, one of Jessica Mulroney’s seven-year-old twin sons, couldn’t help but crack a smile when he entered the church.
6. Bishop Michael Curry gave a passionate speech to a stunned audience.
American Bishop Most Rev Michael Curry gave a dramatic address entitled The Power of Love during the wedding, quoting Martin Luther King Jr.
He said: “We must discover the power of love, the redemptive power of love. And when we do that, we will be able to make of this old world a new world. Love is the only way.”
With Britons having a reputation for a stiff upper lip, some online commentators joked that the royal family were somewhat blindsided by the emotional address.
7. Harry mouthed “you look amazing” to his bride.
In a sweet moment, Prince Harry was seen telling Meghan “you look amazing” before the ceremony.
8. Sheku Kanneh-Mason made everyone cry with his cello performance.
Cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason, 19, beautifully brought the ceremony to a close as he played Ave Maria to the guests.
The stunning performance brought some to tears.
9. A slightly excited horse caught eyes after the ceremony.
A horse riding a ahead of the royal procession got a little overexcited and pranced slightly off-kilter – but its rider managed to keep the horse in check.
10. Most importantly, the first kiss between the newly-married couple.
The happy couple’s first kiss drew cheers from the crowd waiting outside of Windsor Castle.
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.