Shropshire Star

Cardboard left on toaster blamed for Telford house fire alert

A house was filled with smoke after cardboard that was left on top of a toaster caught fire.

Last updated

The fire was out by the time a fire crew reached the scene at Wedgewood Crescent, in Ketley, Telford, at 8.20pm on Sunday.

Two fire appliances and an operations officer had been scrambled from Wellington to the scene.

A spokesperson for Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service said the incident "involved cardboard left on top of toaster in kitchen area.

"Fire was out of arrival of fire service. Fire crews ventilated property."

The fire service stop message was sent at 8.38pm.