Wheelie bin destroyed in fire sparked by hot ashes

A wheelie bin was destroyed after it had hot ashes dumped in it.

The fire service had to be called out to the incident at Stafford Place in Shifnal, at about 11am on Friday.

The Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Fire control received a call reporting a fire classified as 'fire in open' in Shifnal.

"One fire appliance was mobilised from Telford Central.

"One domestic wheelie bin [was] 100 per cent destroyed by fire due to hot ashes.

"The stop message was received at 11.14am."

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News