Advertising

Washing machine fault causes fire in Newport house

By Rob Smith | Newport | News | Published:

A fault in a washing machine led to a fire at a Shropshire house in the early hours.

Soon after 1am today, a house fire at Boughey Road in Newport was reported.

Two fire crews were sent from Newport and Wellington, as well as an operations officer.

The fire was out by the time they arrived on the scene but they carried out an inspection of the faulty machine.

Rob Smith

By Rob Smith
Reporter

Senior reporter for the Shropshire Star based at Ketley in Telford.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News