The fire brigade rescued five people from The Villa Nursing Home off Park Avenue in Madeley last night after a blaze broke out in a bedroom at about 7pm.
The building was evacuated and a number of residents were seen to by the ambulance service.
Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service sent three crews who rescued those involved, two of which were taken to hospital for further checks.
West Mercia Police and West Midlands Ambulance Service (WMAS) were also in attendance, and three further residents were given treatment and discharged at the scene.
Mary Dzimwasha, manager of the home, said the fire service remained at the scene throughout this morning.
She said: "All is well and everybody at the home is safe.
"There were no serious injuries and everyone is back in the home.
"We have fire safety officers round doing checks and making sure everything is okay."
Firefighters attended from Telford Central and Tweedale fire stations and used two hose reel jets and four sets of breathing apparatus to extinguish the blaze.
A spokeswoman from WMAS said: "We were called by the fire service to a building fire in Park Avenue, Madeley, Telford at 7.12pm last night.
"Two ambulances, two paramedic officers and Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) paramedics attended the scene.
"The property was evacuated and a number of residents were assessed by ambulance staff.
"Two women were given treatment on scene before being conveyed to Princess Royal Hospital for further checks.
"Three other residents were discharged on scene following treatment."