Positive reaction as 250 turn out for Ironbridge Power Station event
At least 250 people came out to have their say on the future of the Ironbridge Power Station during a consultation event.
Bosses at owners Harworth said they were really pleased at the turnout at Wednesday's consultation, and that reaction had been largely positive.
Work would take place in phases, with sand and gravel extraction from the quarry starting in 2020 and work on the first homes from 2021.
The company says a new passenger railway service for Ironbridge will also be at the heart of the proposals.
On Wednesday people were given the chance to visit the power station, where demolition work has already started, and have their say on updated versions of the plans.
Iain Thomson, of Harworth, said: "We counted at least 250 came on Wednesday - an excellent turnout.
"Reaction was positive as I believe residents and local groups are pleased that we've accounted for their principal issues from the first consultation back in the autumn, including the re-use of the rail as a central part of the site's redevelopment.
"We are very keen for all local residents to have their say by the middle of June if they couldn't get to Wednesday's event."
Anybody who would like to see more about the proposals or comment can visit ironbridgeregeneration.co.uk for more information.