Fly-tipped mattress and furniture set alight in Donnington Wood

Fly tipped rubbish was set alight in Donnington Wood.

Firefighters from Telford Central responded to 999 calls at 1.30pm on Thursday and had the blaze in Lodge Road under control by 1.48pm.

A spokesman for Shropshire Fire and Rescue Centre said the fire involved a fly-tipped mattress and wooden furniture which had been set alight.

Telford and Wrekin Council recently launched a campaign against fly-tipping, publishing CCTV footage of those cause dumping items.

Most Read

Most Read

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News