Fire in Donnington was started deliberately

A blaze in Donnington was started deliberately by someone burning cables, the fire service says.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service
Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service

The alarm was raised to the fire, out in the open, on Granville Road, just before 11pm on Wednesday.

Firefighters battled for over an hour and a half to get the blaze under control.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service sent a fire crew from Newport and the incident support unit from Wellington to the scene.

A spokesman said there had been multiple seats of fire caused by someone deliberately burning cables and wiring.

The fire was under control by 12.40am on Thursday.

Most Read

Most Read

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News