Man is charged with attempted murder over Telford stabbing

A man has been charged in connection with a stabbing that left a man seriously injured.

Hoshmand Fatah, 26, of Peveril Street, Nottingham, has been charged with attempted murder after appearing at Kidderminster Magistrates Court yesterday afternoon.

The charge relates to an incident in Sutton Road in the Admaston area of Telford on Sunday, June 19.

A 31-year-old man suffered serious injuries in the incident and remains in a stable condition at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham.

The incident was one of three stabbings in and around the Wellington area of Telford over the weekend.

On Friday, June 17, a man was stabbed after a road smash in Wellington. It's understood that a white Audi was "rammed" into a bus by a Ford Mondeo at around 8pm, before the victim in the Audi was stabbed multiple times.

Sagheer Khan, 45, of Bush Close, Wellington, has been charged with unlawful wounding with intent and remanded in custody until his next court appearance in July.

Three other men were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder, and have since been bailed pending further enquiries.

The following day, Saturday, June 18, police were called to Fowler Close where another man had been stabbed after reports of a fight involving two men in the back garden of a block of two-storey flats.

There, they found 52-year-old Mark Espley. Despite their best efforts, officers were unable to save him and he died at the scene.

John William Walker, 64, from Fowler Close, has been charged with murder and appeared in court earlier this week. He has been remanded in custody until his next court appearance in July.

Detective Inspector Sean Brennan said: “Over the weekend we saw three serious incidents involving the use of knives that, understandably, have caused concern among local communities.

“We have now charged three people in connection with each of these incidents.

“We would like to reassure local residents that these incidents have been investigated thoroughly over the last few days and that we are confident there is no connection between them.

“This is no way detracts from the shock and anxiety that was caused to local people but I hope the action we have taken demonstrates our commitment to ensuring that Telford remains a safe, welcoming and happy place to live and work.

“Anyone with any concerns is urged to please get in touch, we review all reports we receive.”

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News