Advertising

Firefighters tackle blaze at bungalow in Telford

By Lisa O'Brien | Telford | News | Published:

Firefighters were called to a blaze at a bungalow in Telford.

Firefighters tackle a blaze at a property in Lambeth Drive, Brookside. Credit: Tony Leurs

Crews were called to the property in Lambeth Drive, Brookside, just after 8pm on Saturday.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said they extinguished a fire which had been caused accidentally through cooking.

It is not known how much damage was caused by the blaze but the fire and rescue service said nobody had to be rescued.

Tony Leurs, of Stirchley, was passing the scene when he spotted the fire and took this picture.

He said: "There were three fire engines there and a lot of the neighbours had come out of their homes to see what was happening.

"There was a lot of smoke coming from the property but I couldn't see any flames."

Lisa O'Brien

By Lisa O'Brien
Senior Reporter - @lisaobrien_Star

Senior reporter based at Shropshire Star's head office in Ketley. Covering the Telford area.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News