Telford bus tragedy: 'Car cruise for Christian' taking place in Telford
A car cruise will be held through Telford this weekend to raise money for the family of a Telford schoolboy killed in a bus crash.
Christian Chandler, 13, was cycling to school when he was struck by a bus and suffered fatal injuries on Monday.
The Ercall Wood Technology College pupil, of Chockleys Meadow, Leegomery, was flown by air ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, where he died.
More than £8,600 has since been collected from generous members of the community through a JustGiving page set up by the family to help pay for Christian's funeral.
Anyone who wants to help can do so at justgiving.com/crowdfunding/samuel-brooks-3
Among those now collecting funds are Telford-based car club Defined Ridez, who will hold their Cruise for Christian on Sunday night.
Nearly 100 people have indicated that they'll be attending the event.
It will be a slow ride through Telford, starting near the Greggs on Stafford Park. The route will be a maximum of 10 miles.
Entry will cost a minimum of £2 per person.
For more information search "Cruise for Christian" on Facebook.
READ MORE ON THIS STORY:
- Telford family's heartbreak at losing our 'really special boy'
- Fireworks vigil as funeral fund for Telford schoolboy killed in bus crash hits £7,500
- Schoolboy killed in Telford bus crash named as Christian Chandler, 13, as funeral appeal is launched
- 'A terrible tragedy': Floral tributes left to Telford schoolboy, 13, killed in bus crash
- Boy, 13, dies after bus and bicycle crash in Telford