Kitchen catches fire at Ludlow Racecourse

Investigators were called after a fire at a sports venue hosting one of the county's major Covid-19 vaccine hubs

Crews were called to Ludlow Racecourse, in Bromfield, Ludlow, at about 11.15pm on Friday and that the incident involved a fire in the kitchen area.

Engines from the town and Craven Arms along with investigation officers attended the scene.

The firefighters used breathing gear and a hose reel to put out the flames, and specialist fan was used to clear the smoke logging. Crews spent about 30 minutes at the site.

It is not known whether the fire affected the vaccination service. The hub opened on February 2, with jabs being given in tents outside of the racecourse buildings, though patients do enter buildings to register their attendance.

Most Read

Most Read

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News