Advertising

Fryer fire breaks out at pub near Church Stretton

By Rory Smith | Church Stretton | News | Published:

A deep fat fryer caused a fire to break out at a pub near Church Stretton.

The Green Dragon, Little Stretton

Firefighters rushed to The Green Dragon in Little Stretton at about 11.20am today to reports of a kitchen fire.

The blaze on Ludlow Road was started from a deep fat fryer and Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service sent two appliances from Church Stretton and Craven Arms. An operations officer was also in attendance.

Crews used four sets of breathing apparatus, a dry powder extinguisher, hose reel jet and thermal imaging camera to extinguish the blaze.

Firefighters had dealt with the incident by about 12.15pm.

Rory Smith

By Rory Smith
Reporter - @rorysmith_star

Senior reporter based at the Shropshire Star's head office in Ketley, Telford.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News