Advertising

Shropshire crews called out to bathroom and garden fires

By Deborah Hardiman | Church Stretton | News | Published:

A bathroom fire in Church Stretton was among the call-outs received by the county's fire brigade over the weekend.

Crews went to a Essex Road shortly after 8.35pm on Saturday to discover an incident involving a bath mat. The fire was out by the time the crews from the town and Craven Arms arrived there.

The firefighters left the scene shortly before 9pm.

Earlier, a crew from Craven Arms doused a hedge blaze in Church View, Clungunford, that was caused by sparks from a nearby garden incinerator bin.

They were called to the premises at 6.40pm and left 20 minutes later.

Deborah Hardiman

By Deborah Hardiman
@Deborahh_Star

Senior reporter for the Shropshire Star based out of the head office in Ketley. Covering the Telford area.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News