Advertising

Kitchen electrical fault starts Shrewsbury house fire

By Rory Smith | Meole Brace | News | Published:

A fire caused by an electrical fault in the kitchen caused damage to a house in Shrewsbury today.

The fire and ambulance service attended the house in Pendle Way, Meole Brace, at about midday.

The blaze involved an electrical fire in the kitchen which caused fire and smoke damage to other rooms of the house.

Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service sent two appliances from Shrewsbury. An operations officer was also in attendance.

Firefighters used a hose reel jet, covering jet, positive pressure ventilation and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze.

The fire service reported: "This incident involved an electrical fire in the kitchen which caused fire and smoke damage to further areas of the property."

Firefighters had dealt with the incident by about 1pm.

The extent of any injuries are not currently known.

West Midlands Ambulance Service has been contacted for more information.

Rory Smith

By Rory Smith
Reporter - @rorysmith_star

Senior reporter based at the Shropshire Star's head office in Ketley, Telford.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News