Advertising

Casualty treated for smoke inhalation after Shrewsbury kitchen blaze

By Sue Austin | Harlescott | News | Published:

One person had to be treated for the affects of smoke inhalation following a fire in a kitchen in Shrewsbury.

The blaze broke out in a house in Brunel Way, Belle Vue, at 11.20pm on Sunday.

Two fire crews from Shrewsbury were quickly on the scene and were able to bring the blaze under control within 20 minutes.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire involve the cooker in the kitchen and said firefighters put on breathing apparatus to go inside and put it out. They then dealt with the smokelogging of the property using a positive pressure ventilation system.

"One casualty suffering the effects of smoke was dealt with by ambulance personnel." a spokesman said.

In the early hours of this morning two fire crews in Shrewsbury were also sent to a fire in an electricity substation, on Vanguard Way, Harlescott.

After the call for help at 2.48am they arrived to find engineers on scene had put out the fire using CO2 extinguishers.

Sue Austin

By Sue Austin
Chief Reporter

Chief reporter of the Oswestry/Mid Wales office. Keen to hear your news.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News