Faulty microwave sparks house fire in Shropshire village

Fire crews and paramedics rushed to a house in Shawbury after reports of a fire.

Crews were called to a house fire
Crews were called to a house fire

The blaze was caused by a faulty microwave at around 5pm yesterday on Church Close.

A spokesman for Shropshire Fire and Rescue said: "At 16:56 on Saturday, fire control received a call reporting a fire classified as house fire in Shawbury.

"Two fire appliances were mobilised from Shrewsbury. An Operations officer was in attendance.

"Also at the scene of the incident was the land ambulance service.

" A faulty microwave was on fire which was removed from property."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News