Bedroom gutted in Shrewsbury house blaze

A bedroom was reported to be 100 per cent alight in a fire incident in Shrewsbury.

Fire engines. Photo: Kirsty O'Connor/PA Wire.
Fire engines. Photo: Kirsty O'Connor/PA Wire.

Three fire appliances were scrambled from Baschurch and Shrewsbury with an operations officer after a report of a house fire in Judith Butts Gardens, on Tuesday.

When firefighters arrived at the scene just after 7.19pm they found a fire involving "100 per cent of bedroom".

Crews donned breathing apparatus and used hose reel water jets, and a covering water jet to extinguish the fire. A thermal imaging camera was also used, as was a ventilation system to clear out the smoke.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News