Deep fat fryer fire in kitchen of Shrewsbury pub

A small fire in the kitchen of a pub in Shrewsbury was quickly dealt with by firefighters.

The Beacon. Photo: Google
The Beacon. Photo: Google

Staff at the Beacon Hotel in Copthorne raised the alarm at 8.18pm on Thursday.

Two fire crews from the town went to the pub and discovered the fire involving a deep fat fryer in the kitchen. A fire blanket and wetting agent from the premises were used to extinguish the fire within half an hour.

No-one was hurt.

Top Stories

More from the Shropshire Star

UK & International News