Advertising

Cooking oil to blame for Shrewsbury chip shop kitchen fire

By Deborah Hardiman | Shrewsbury | News | Published:

Emergency crews were today called to put out a kitchen fire at a Shrewsbury chip shop.

Two crews from the town went to Monkmoor Fish Bar, in Monkmoor Road, at 10.40am today after oil in a fryer ignited.

But when they arrived the flames were out.

Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service said the firefighters used a specialist camera to check the equipment before departing a short time later.

Overnight crews based in Craven Arms used a bucket of water put out a rubbish bin fire, in Corvedale Road, when they were called to the area shortly after 9.10pm on Tuesday. They left the scene 20 minutes later.

Deborah Hardiman

By Deborah Hardiman
@Deborahh_Star

Senior reporter for the Shropshire Star based out of the head office in Ketley. Covering the Telford area.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News