Advertising

Woman suffers electric shock in Shrewsbury plug incident

By Rory Smith | Shrewsbury | News | Published:

A woman suffered an electric shock after touching a plug socket at an address in Shrewsbury today.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue were called to a property just before 1pm.

One appliance was sent to the address, on Lime Street, from Shrewsbury station.

Fire crews were there for about half an hour to isolate the building's electricity switchboard before leaving.

West Midlands Ambulance Service were in attendance dealing with the woman's injuries.

Jamie Arrowsmith, of West Midlands Ambulance Service, said: "I can confirm we are in attendance at an address on Lime Street dealing with one adult female casualty."

Rory Smith

By Rory Smith
Reporter - @rorysmith_star

Trainee news reporter based at the Shropshire Star's Ketley office in Telford.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News